Lazer 99.3 Cardboard Carnival Rules
A. Patrons can log on to lazer993.com from February 24th, 2014 to March 22nd, 2014 to get information on how to construct their sled. All sleds will need to be constructed of only cardboard, paint, and duct tape. Any sleds that don’t follow this guideline will be disqualified.
B. Patrons can pre-register for the event online at lazer993.com from Monday, February 24th through Friday, March 21st at Noon. A Lazer 99.3 staff will follow up with all pre-registrants before the event to discuss onsite registration procedures. All Participants in the Cardboard Carnival need to be 21 years of age or older to race. During Pre-registration, patrons will have to acknowledge they understand these rules and comply with the information posted within the waivers for the event. On site, they will have to sign a waiver to acknowledge this as well.
C. Patrons can also register for the event on site at Bousquet Mountain in Pittsfield, MA starting at 10am on Saturday March 22nd through 12pm. All walk ups can sign up between 10am-12pm. All participants must read and sign a Lazer 99.3 waiver, and read this set of rules prior to the race. Patrons will be asked to show a Photo ID to provide proof of age. All pre-registered patrons must check in with Lazer 99.3 staff before 12:00pm on Saturday March 22nd.
D. Judging of the most creative sled will begin at 12:05pm and will continue until all sleds have been seen by our panel of judges. Pre Race, Sleds will be lined up in order of how they registered and will be given a number. Three Lazer staff will judge each sled on a scale of 1-5 based on difficulty of design, originality of design, and team/racer participation with theme of entry. 1 being poor up to 5 being excellent. After all sleds have been judged, A Lazer representative will total all scores to determine the most creative entry. The sled with the highest total of points will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, The 3 Judges will determine the tie breaker by re-evaluating the tied sleds and voting for their favorite of the two. Winner of Grand Prize 2 will be announced at the end of the event and awarded $500.
E. The racing will begin at approximately 12:30 pm and will go until all participants have finished, approximately 2pm. Each patron will go one time down the sledding hill based on the number they are assigned during registration. The run will be timed by a LAZER 99.3 representative utilizing a stopwatch. Time will be started when the racer is given a cue to start and will stop once they cross the finish line. Patrons may not get a running start but instead start off from a seated position. Patrons may not go a 2nd time down the sledding hill. In the event of a tie, we will ask the tied participants to do a 2nd run to determine the ultimate winner. This will go until we have a winner. All participants are responsible for disposing of their sleds at the end of the race.
F. The Grand Prize winners will be determined as follows:
Grand Prize 1 will be determined by time. The patron with the fastest sled from the time they are instructed to go to the time they past the finish line will be the winner of $250. Grand Prize 2 will be awarded to the sled with the best design and will be determined by LAZER 99.3 staff as noted in line D. will be the winner of $500. Any entrant may be eligible to win both categories of the contest. Prize winners may pick up their prize within 30 business days at 45 Fisher Ave, East Longmeadow, MA.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WLZX radio and on the WLZX.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WLZX” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WLZX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WLZX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WLZX you must not have won anything on WLZX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WLZX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WLZX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be
used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WLZX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WLZX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WLZX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WLZX awarding the prize to the winner. WLZX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WLZX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WLZX contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WLZX that will be presented to WLZX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WLZX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WLZX studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WLZX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WLZX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WLZX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WLZX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413) 526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WLZX has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WLZX shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WLZX com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WLZX
as defined at the exclusive discretion of WLZX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WLZX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WLZX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WLZX studios 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028.