The Lazer 99.3 Cardboard Carnival is a contest in which contestants must create a sled solely out of card board, duct tape and paint, to race at Bousquet Mountain on Saturday, March 21st to win one of two grand prizes. Grand Prize for Best in Show is a $500 Visa Gift Card. Grand Prize for Fastest Sled is a Coors Light-branded “Refresherator”: a four (4) foot vending machine for dispensing 12 oz. cans. ARV $500.00. Contestants can log on to lazer993.com from February 28th, 2015 to March 20th, 2015 to get information on how to construct their sled. The online rules must be adhered to in order to qualify for the contest. All sleds will need to be constructed of only cardboard, paint, and duct tape. Any sleds that don’t follow this guideline will be disqualified. Qualifying sleds are up to the sole discretion of Lazer 99.3 staff. Contestants can pre-register for the event online at lazer993.com from Saturday, February 28th at 12AM through Friday, March 20th at 12PM. Contestants can also register for the event on-site at Bousquet Mountain in Pittsfield, MA starting at 10am on Saturday March 21st through 12pm that day. All participants must be checked in with Lazer 99.3 staff by 12PM on March 21st 2015 to qualify. Judging of the most creative sled will begin at 12:05pm and will continue until all sleds have been seen by our panel of judges, or until such time the Judges and/or Lazer 99.3 deems the judging period to be over. Pre-race, sleds will be lined up in the order that they check in and will be assigned a number. Judges from Bousquet Mountain & Commercial Distributing will judge each sled on a scale of 1-5 based on difficulty of design, originality of design, and team/racer participation with theme of entry. 1 being poor up to 5 being excellent. After all sleds have been judged, a Lazer 99.3 representative will total all scores to determine the most creative entry. The sled with the highest total of points will be deemed the Best in Show winner. In the event of a tie, the judges will vote for their favorite. The winner is up to the sole discretion of the Judges and is final. The racing portion will begin at approximately 12:30 pm and will proceed until all participants have finished, approximately 2pm, or until Lazer 99.3 staff deems the race to have concluded. Lazer 99.3 has full discretion to determine who may participate in the race. Each patron will go one time down the sledding hill based on the number they are assigned during registration. The run will be timed by a Lazer 99.3 representative utilizing a stopwatch. Time will be started when the racer is given a cue to start and will stop once they cross the finish line. Timing will be conducted by Lazer 99.3 and all times will be final. Contestants may not get a running start but instead start off from a seated position. Contestants may not go a 2nd time down the sledding hill. In the event of a tie, we will ask the tied participants to do a 2nd run to determine the ultimate winner. This will go on until all sleds have gone down the hill and we have a winner. All participants are responsible for disposing of their sleds at the end of the race. By participating, all contestants assume any and all risk in the sledding, and agree to hold Lazer 99.3 and its affiliated companies harmless from any injury or the like sustained. The contestant with the fastest sled from the time they are instructed to go to the time they past the finish line will be the winner of the Refresherator. Any entrant may be eligible to win both categories of the contest, subject to the discretion of Lazer 99.3. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the event or may be picked up within 30 business days at 45 Fisher Ave, East Longmeadow, MA. This contest is weather dependent and may be cancelled at any time, for any reason, at the sole discretion of Lazer 99.3. This contest is open to any listener of Lazer 99.3 who is 21 or older have not won anything on Lazer 99.3 in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Employees of Lazer 99.3, the Springfield Rocks Radio Group, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Lazer 99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. No purchase necessary. Lazer 99.3’s sole responsibility is to award the prize. Lazer 99.3 will have no further responsibility in connection with the prize if the prize winner, for any reason, cannot or decides not to use any of the prizes. Winners will be responsible for any applicable federal and state taxes. Prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash. For a full set of rules or more info, visit lazer993.com or Lazer 99.3 studios, located at 45 Fisher Avenue in East Longmeadow, MA.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on Lazer 99.3 radio and on the Lazer993.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “Lazer 99.3” means Saga Communications of New England LLC, dba Springfield Rocks Radio Group and its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., which owns Lazer 99.3 radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any Lazer 99.3 contest.
- To be eligible to win any prize on Lazer 99.3 you must not have won anything on Lazer 99.3 in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the Lazer 99.3 studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a Lazer 99.3 contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes without any compensation to you.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Lazer 99.3 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Lazer 99.3 studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Lazer 99.3’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (Lazer 99.3) awarding the prize to the winner. Lazer 99.3 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Lazer 99.3 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All Lazer 99.3 contests are open to all eligible Springfield area residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Lazer 99.3 that will be presented to Lazer 99.3 and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of Lazer 99.3, it’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Lazer 99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Lazer 99.3 studios, 45 Fisher Avenue, East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- Lazer 99.3 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- Lazer 99.3 assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Lazer 99.3, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Lazer 99.3 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Lazer 99.3 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- Lazer 99.3 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. Lazer 99.3’s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413)526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at Lazer 99.3 has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- Lazer 99.3 shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Lazer 99.3’s control.
- For any contest involving on-line voting: If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, Lazer 99.3 reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), ex. – random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Lazer993.com:
- All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
- To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Lazer 99.3 as defined at the exclusive discretion of Lazer 99.3 management.
- Any problems with the internet or email are not Lazer 99.3’s responsibility.
- Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
- Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all on Lazer 99.3. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when Lazer 99.3 contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the Lazer 99.3 studios 45 Fisher Avenue, East Longmeadow, MA 01028
Updated January 27, 2015