Rock 102 & Lazer 99.3’s Bacon Creation Recipe Contest. Listeners can enter by logging on to Rock102.com or Lazer993.com starting Wednesday, March 19th 2014 and filling out an entry form including their best recipe that includes bacon as an ingredient before the entry deadline of Noon on Thursday March 27th 2014. One entry per person. One recipe will be chosen as the grand prize winner by the chefs of the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House. The grand prize is 2 tickets to Baconfest at the Log Cabin on April 6th 2014 (a $50 value), a trophy, and the winners recipe will be prepared and served by the chefs at the Log Cabin to attendees at Rock 102 & Lazer 99.3’s Baconfest on Sunday April 6th 2014 from Noon until 4pm. Grand Prize will be awarded on Sunday April 6th. This contest is open to any listener of Rock 102 or Lazer 99.3 who is 18 years of age or older who has not won any other prize(s) from the radio station in the last thirty days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Employees of Rock 102, Lazer 99.3, Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Rock 102/Lazer99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. Full rules are available at the Rock 102/Lazer 99.3 studios, 45 Fisher Avenue in East Longmeadow, MA or Rock102.com / Lazer993.com.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WAQY and WLZX radio and on the Rock102.com and Lazer993.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WAQY and WLZX” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WAQY and WLZX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WAQY and WLZX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WAQY and WLZX you must not have won anything on WAQY and WLZX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WAQY and WLZX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WAQY and WLZX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WAQY and WLZX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WAQY and WLZX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WAQY and WLZX awarding the prize to the winner. WAQY and WLZX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WAQY and WLZX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WAQY and WLZX contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WAQY and WLZX that will be presented to WAQY and WLZX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAQY main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WAQY and WLZX studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WAQY and WLZX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: WAQY – (413) 293-1021, WLZX – 413-526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WAQY has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WAQY and WLZX shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Rock102.com & Lazer993.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WAQY and WLZX as defined at the exclusive discretion of WAQY and WLZX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WAQY and WLZX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WAQY and WLZX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WAQY and WLZX studios 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028.