News

Richie Sambora FIRED from Bon Jovi tour

Richie Sambora FIRED from Bon Jovi tour

Bon Jovi 's lead guitarist Richie Sambora was fired from the band's tour. Photo: Associated Press

Bon Jovi ‘s lead guitarist Richie Sambora was fired from the band’s tour, according to reports.

The rocker reportedly fell out with Jon Bon Jovi and their bandmates over money, according to RumorFix.com.

Sambora still collects songwriting royalties and profits from merchandise, but he won’t be rejoining the band onstage after stepping down earlier this year.

Neither the guitarist nor Bon Jovi have discussed the split or the reason for it, but Sambora is reportedly not taking the news well.

A source says, “Richie wants to go back on stage – that’s his first love. He’s really upset over the news.”

The 54 year old has not performed with the band since the spring, citing a “personal matter,” and in July, Sambora revealed he wouldn’t be joining the band for their much-anticipated Hyde Park shows in London.

He said, “I am not going to be onstage at Hyde Park sadly. It’s just not happening right now. I truly want to be there and I feel very sad for the fans that I won’t be performing. I love the fans, I love the band.”

He added, “Jon (Bon Jovi) and I have been tight for, like, 30 years, so all of this is very sad.”

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment: March 4

Fresh
john-lennon

A look at the Hollywood headlines of years past.

in Viral Videos, Weird

Police issue tickets for pizza, French fries

17-overlay2

Police in one New Hampshire town are rewarding residents for doing the right thing.

in Viral Videos

‘Fifty Shades of Wayne’ replaces Christian Grey with Batman

22-overlay

We think the Dark Knight should be cast in the sequel.

in Music

Lars Ulrich celebrates final days as a bachelor

ulrichmiller

The Metallica rocker celebrated his upcoming wedding with Bradley Cooper, Sir Ian McKellen, and his bandmates.

in Entertainment

Jamie Dornan signs on for war drama amid ‘Fifty Shades’ rumors

dornan

The casting news comes just days after reports he pulled out of plans to appear in the sequels to "Fifty Shades of Grey."