Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

People watch a news ticker in Times Square deliver the news that George Zimmerman was found not guilty on Saturday, July 13, 2013 in New York. Jurors have found George Zimmerman not guilty of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Photo: Associated Press/Carlo Allegri

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Four of the six jurors from the murder trial of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman are distancing themselves from statements another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement Tuesday on court stationery saying the opinions expressed by Juror B37 are not representative of their views. The six-sentence statement did not specify what parts of the other juror’s comments they disagreed with.

Speaking to CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Juror B37 said the actions of Zimmerman and 17-year-old Trayvon Martin both led to the teenager’s fatal shooting last year, but that Zimmerman didn’t actually break the law.

The four other jurors said in their statement that Martin’s death weighed on them.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Nov. 25


A look at the Hollywood headlines that went down in history.

in Entertainment

The first word of the new ‘Star Wars’ movie is …


Director J.J. reveals the first word spoken in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which hits theaters next month.

in Entertainment

Jennifer Lawrence named entertainer of the year


The star is one of the biggest and bankable actresses in Hollywood and has featured in a number of blockbusters including the "X-Men" franchise and "The Hunger Games" films.

in Entertainment

‘Rocky’ successor ‘Creed’ highlights Philadelphia’s revival


Adonis Johnson, the son of Balboa rival-turned-mentor Apollo Creed, leaves behind a life of privilege to walk in the footsteps of a father he never knew.

in Entertainment, Sports

FanDuel NFL entries have fallen sharply after New York shutdown


Entries at daily fantasy sports site FanDuel's NFL contests have fallen sharply since New York's attorney general declared the games to be illegal gambling in the state and the company stopped taking money from New Yorkers.