Lazer 99.3 Leslie’s Favorite Things! Starting December 16 through December 19… Listen weekdays 6am to 10a, for the text word. When you hear it you will have until Noon each day to text the correctly spelled word to 77000. Message and data rates may apply. One text per play. A text received will be chosen at random as that day’s qualifier to win the Grand Prize, (an grand prize package worth $2,056.69 of “Leslie’s Favorite Things” including a $100 Villa Napoletana Gift Card, $130 East Heaven Hot Tub Gift Card for 30 Minute Couples Bath & 30 Minute Couples Massage, $100 Gazebo in Northampton Gift Certificate, $185 Face To Nails Day Spa Certificate for Facial, Manicure, Pedicure and Haircut, $300 Steven’s Jewelers Gift Certificate, $249 Falcetti Music Peavey Raptor Stage Pack with 2 lessons, $317.69 Rosetta Stone 5 Level French Language Training, $350 Vienna Restaurant & Historic Inn Gift Certificate, $125 Table & Vine Gift Certificate, $100 Seven Sisters Market Bistro Gift Certificate, $100 Amy’s Bakery Arts Café Gift Certificate). The cell phone number from the chosen text will be called. If we are unable to speak with the contestant who sent the text within 5 minutes from the time we dial that contestant’s cell number, then the qualifying spot will be forfeited and another random text will be chosen with the same procedure until a winner is determined. Be safe… Don’t text and drive. All qualifiers must attend Lazer 99.3’s Traveling Thirsty Thursday event on December 19th at The Still Bar & Grill on Suffield Street in Agawam, MA from 5 to 7pm EST in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. 1 additional qualifier will be chosen via random drawing from entries received at The Still Bar & Grill that evening at approximately 6:45pm EST (one entry per person, open to any eligible listener of Lazer 99.3 who enters the premises of The Still Bar & Grill). At approximately 6:50pm EST, one qualifier will be chosen at random from all qualifiers present and will be awarded the grand prize package of “Leslie’s Favorite Things”. Prize package will be available for pick-up at the event on 12/19/13. This contest is open to any listener of Lazer 99.3 who is 21 years of age or older who has not won any other prize(s) from the radio station in the last thirty days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Employees of Lazer 99.3, Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Lazer 99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. Full rules are available at the Lazer 99.3 studios, 45 Fisher Avenue in East Longmeadow, MA or Lazer993.com.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WLZX radio and on the WLZX.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WLZX” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WLZX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WLZX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WLZX you must not have won anything on WLZX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WLZX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WLZX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be
used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WLZX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WLZX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WLZX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WLZX awarding the prize to the winner. WLZX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WLZX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WLZX contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WLZX that will be presented to WLZX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WLZX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WLZX studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WLZX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WLZX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WLZX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WLZX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413) 526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WLZX has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WLZX shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WLZX com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WLZX
as defined at the exclusive discretion of WLZX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WLZX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WLZX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WLZX studios 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028.