The March 16, 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Pub Tour is open to all Lazer 99.3 listeners 21 or older have not won anything in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Each participants must sign a Contest Participation Release form available at the Lazer 99.3 table inside any participating venue: Tully O’Reilly’s Pub, 1 Pearl St, Northampton, MA; The Elevens, 140 Pleasant Street Northampton, MA; Fitzwilly’s, 23 Main St. Northampton, MA; Toasted Owl Tavern, 21 Main St. Northampton, MA; and Hugo’s 285 Pleasant St. in Northampton, MA. Contestants may enter only one time. Contestants may only win one prize per person for the duration of the contest. There will be one winner of $100 at each of the five designated venues. Each participating venue an equal number of decks of cards (participation in this contest is only open while supplies last) marked with one of the following letters on the back: L, A, Z, E, R. Each venue will have a different letter marking on their decks of cards, and all of the cards at a specific venue will be marked with the same letter. Starting at 7:00pm on March 16, 2013, participants must pick up one (1) playing card at each venue while supplies last, to create a 5-card poker hand. As a participant collects a card, the back of his/her hand will be marked with a color sharpie exclusive to a respective venue that shows he/she has received a card from that venue. Participants may visit each venue and pick up cards in any order, give their cards to other participants, or exchange cards with other participants to complete their poker hand, but the back of the completed hand must spell L-A-Z-E-R. At the end of the contest, each participant must present his/her complete 5-card poker hand to the LAZER 99.3 representative at any participating venue at 10pm for a chance to win a Prize. The participant holding the best 5-card poker hand at each location, as determined by the LAZER 99.3 station representative in his or her sole discretion, will be named the Winner for that location. Winners will be selected and announced at each venue at approximately 10 pm EST. In the event of a tie of 2 or more participants’ best 5-card poker hand at a particular location, a LAZER 99.3 representative will allow the tying participants to draw one (1) card from a full deck. The participant who draws the highest card as ranked by the guidelines as set forth above will be the Winner among the tying participants at that particular location. Only Official poker cards for this contest distributed by contest officials at each participating location may be used to participate and win. Poker cards may not be altered in any way. LAZER 99.3 is not responsible for lost, stolen or mangled playing cards. LAZER 99.3 representatives at each participating location will examine a participant’s poker hands, and will rank them using the following guidelines:Hands will be ranked from highest suit to lowest; Spades beats Hearts beats Diamonds beats Clubs; Ace is the highest card; two is the lowest card.
LAZER 99.3 representatives will rank poker hands in the following order:
Five of a Kind (highest rank or number wins);
Royal Straight Flush (10, J, Q, K, A, all one suit);
Straight Flush (5 cards in numerical order, all in one suit; ranking between straights is determined by the value of the high end of the straight);
Four of a Kind (highest rank or number wins);
Full House (2 of a kind and 3 of a kind; ties on a full house are broken by the three of a kind);
Flush (5 cards of one suit, no numerical order; high card determines the winner);
Straight (5 cards in numerical order, any suit; straight cannot wrap);
Three of a Kind
To the extent not covered above Robert’s Rules of Poker version 11 will apply.
Prior to collecting the first playing card participants must sign a Contest Participation Release form available at the Lazer 99.3 table inside any participating venue: Tully O’Reilly’s Pub, 1 Pearl St, Northampton, MA; The Elevens, 140 Pleasant Street Northampton, MA; Fitzwilly’s, 23 Main St. Northampton, MA; Toasted Owl Tavern, 21 Main St. Northampton, MA; and Hugo’s 285 Pleasant St. in Northampton, MA.
Employees of Lazer 99.3, The Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Lazer 99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WLZX radio and on the WLZX.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WLZX” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WLZX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WLZX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WLZX you must not have won anything on WLZX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WLZX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WLZX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be
used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WLZX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WLZX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WLZX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WLZX awarding the prize to the winner. WLZX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WLZX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WLZX contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WLZX that will be presented to WLZX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WLZX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WLZX studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WLZX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WLZX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WLZX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WLZX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413) 526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WLZX has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WLZX shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WLZX com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WLZX
as defined at the exclusive discretion of WLZX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WLZX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WLZX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WLZX studios 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028.